Sunday, November 22, 2009

I bet you didn't know...

There was snow covering the ground and cars this morning at 4am. I knew, thanks to a little person who couldn't tolerate a leaky diaper any longer.It's exciting to know about snow before anybody else. It felt like a surprise just Justin and I shared together and were excited to pass on to Jaya. With hopeful hearts we went back to sleep to dream about the 2 feet of snow we anticipated. When we woke up there was barely a hint of the snow that once was. Jaya wouldn't have believed us if we had told her. I think it's more disappointing to watch it fall and melt in one day than to wake up to it only to have it melt before the day is gone.
I love snow. Doesn't everybody? I know it would be so much better if it would just stay off the roads but I love it anyway. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know. I could never forget our families first winter in Royal when I was in second grade and there was a huge blizzard! There was a TON of snow on the ground and so much blowing in the wind. It took our family 30 minutes to drive 1/4 mile from the high school to our house.

Here's Jaya's first experience playing with snow 2 years agoz. She played just long enough for me to get the picture and then started crying because her hands were too cold. Which was a rare occurance, usually I get the camera after she stops something cute and beg her to do it again unsuccessfully of course. It's hard to be cute on call.
Here's some shots of Jaya last year in the snow. She had a great time trying to walk around in all that. It was even hard for Justin and I.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had snow this morning!! I wonder if we did, too? I love the snow, too, there's just something about waking up and having everything covered. Although, I do get tired of it about March..... I'm wondering if I'm thinking about the same year as you -the blizzard-I remember HUGE snow drifts in our front yard. I remember wanting to jump off the roof into them. That's big!!

    ReplyDelete